Thursday, September 13, 2007

Rock Band

If you haven't heard of Rock Band, you are missing out. Made by the developers of Guitar Hero, this game not only includes guitar play, but also has bass guitar, drums, and vocals so that 4 friends can all play together to form a complete band. Even if its remotely close to being as fun as Guitar Hero, this game is going to be awesome, set to be released November 20th. Online play though XBOX 360 will allow my brother Chris in Chicago to be my bassist, Greg in San Diego to be my drummer, with myself as the Guitar Hero.  Lead singer needed!  Now accepting applications.  Check out the announced song list (so far):

1960s
"Gimme Shelter" by The Rolling Stones

1970s
"Won't Get Fooled Again" by The Who
"Mississippi Queen" by Mountain (cover track)
"Suffragette City" by David Bowie
"Paranoid" by Black Sabbath (cover track)
"Don't Fear the Reaper" by Blue Öyster Cult
"Blitzkrieg Bop" by The Ramones
"Highway Star" by Deep Purple
"Detroit Rock City" by KISS

1980s
"Tom Sawyer" by Rush (cover track)
"Wanted Dead or Alive" by Bon Jovi
"Should I Stay or Should I Go" by The Clash
"Epic" by Faith No More
"Wave of Mutilation" by The Pixies

1990s
"Learn to Fly" by Foo Fighters
"Enter Sandman" by Metallica
"In Bloom" by Nirvana
"Vasoline" by Stone Temple Pilots
"Say It Ain't So" by Weezer

"Cherub Rock" by Smashing Pumpkins
"Creep" by Radiohead
"Sabotage" by Beastie Boys
"Black Hole Sun" by Soundgarden
"Celebrity Skin" by Hole
"I Think I'm Paranoid" by Garbage

2000s
"Main Offender" by The Hives
"Go With the Flow" by Queens of the Stone Age
"Reptilia" by The Strokes
"Are You Gonna Be My Girl" by Jet
"Here It Goes Again" by OK Go
"The Hand That Feeds" by Nine Inch Nails
"Dani California" by Red Hot Chili Peppers
"Maps" by Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Add to those the announcement that the ENTIRE Who's Next album by The Who will be available for download and you've got an amazing set of songs. Who's Next is one of my favorite albums of all time.

Here is a short snippet of Weezer's Say It Aint' So (seems like they've got it on pretty easy difficulty though)..
.

1 comment:

I got a feeling... said...

Rock band is going to be awesome! I want to be the singer, I will dominate I promise.

Also, can you please start posting more...it's been almost 2 weeks...come on.